The perfect finishing touch
Throw pillows lend the perfect finishing touch to any room and a great way to personalize the look and feel of your home. When it comes to throw pillow inserts, a general rule of thumb to follow is that the pillow insert should be no more than about one inch larger than the pillow cover. For smaller pillow covers (14”x14”or less), the pillow insert should ideally be no larger than the cover.
If you are using feather or down throw pillow inserts, you may be able to use ones that measure as much as two or three inches bigger than the pillow cover depending on the ‘loft’ or volume of the insert.
Avoid zipper damage with these tips
It seems like it should be easy, but many people tend to damage the zippers of their throw pillow inserts.
No matter how well sewn your pillow covers are, too much pressure at the zipper ends can cause the stitching to split. Follow these tips to avoid any damage to your pillows:
- Unzip your pillow cover in front of you on a flat surface
- Fold your pillow insert in half while compressing it enough to grasp it in the center and hold the two sides together
- Keeping the insert squeezed together with one hand, hold open the pillow cover with the other hand and gently pull the cover over one end of the pillow insert
- Once you have the pillow insert inside the cover, use one hand to straighten and position the insert so that all four corners are in place in the corners of the cover
- Guide the zipper fastener down the length of the zipper until it is completely closed. Do not force the zipper if it starts to get stuck. If this happens, slowly reverse the zipper while checking to make sure nothing is caught in it. Then try closing it again.
When you purchase throw pillow inserts from Ronco Industries, you're buying comfort that lasts. Contact us today for wholesale pricing on these products, pillow filler, and more.